Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I think I can...I think I can.....

So what has happened since last time? Well BIG news....well at least to me...I got AF!!!! no no I will not be starting a cycle or anything like that but it's really important and I'll tie it all in if you keep reading. Luke & I started thinking about looking into acupuncture and he found a link on another blogger's page. So we made the appointment and it was for the 27Th of July which happens to be his birthday. It was very very informative and I really liked all she had to say. Seems she feels the reason my period is so inconsistent is due to poor blood energy. Basically the way Chinese medicine see it is that blood is our life force and when it is weak that hinders menstruation, ovulation and reproduction. well as for me all my life I've been irregular but I've always been put on BC pills but never an explanation given as to why I am irregular. Well she said w/ the help of nutrition, acupuncture and herbs we can get my body back to ovulating and getting my menses back to a regular cycle! I must admit i did not believe her since i had not had my period since almost 2mths. But i figured I had nothing to loose and it is MUCH cheaper than IVF. Oh, they also try to help w/normal conception but also help increase your odds when doing IVF. So the way I see it, it's going to give my body the help it needs.

Well I went to my first acupuncture session last Thursday the 3rd of August & quite honestly I could NOT relax!!!! I was not the needles that bothered me it was my mind racing a thousand miles a minute. I did fall asleep for about 15mins but woke up because my arms and legs felt HEAVY. Before I knew it, my time was up. So that was Thurs and I had told my acupuncturist I'd been having cramps and it felt as if AF would be coming but I was hesitant since she'd be AWOL for weeks now. We went to see my in laws in Blanco since my SL and her husband were coming back from him being stationed in Korea and we spent the night on Friday well...........AF decided to show up! ok so i was totally not prepared but thank goodness I found some pantyliners i had in my purse that I'd forgotten. so here we are and AF is still here, but she is stops and comes back....almost like the little engine that could....i think i can i think i can.

I will be signing up to do treatment for 6mths which is fine by us since we are not planning on going IVF (if it's necessary unless we conceive on our own) till January. I don't know what this whole new journey into Eastern Medicine has for me but I'm very excited to see the results.

No comments: